James William Stone
James W. Stone
James grew up in Blakely, Georgia and currently lives with his wife, Rachel, in Roswell, Georgia. James practices in our Atlanta office, primarily focusing on cases involving catastrophic personal injury and death from medical negligence, trucking accidents, and motor vehicle accidents
James, a fifth-generation attorney in his family, grew up with an eye always towards practicing law. Watching his father represent clients who lacked the ability to obtain justice for themselves, James always appreciated the work and time invested in pursuing high-stakes litigation and catastrophic injury cases. Now, James works alongside his father and brother, furthering that pursuit of justice and relentlessly fighting for clients and families injured in accidents are wronged by corporations.
James is a 2009 graduate of the University of Georgia where he received his BBA in Management Information Systems. Afterward, James attended Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School and graduated in 2013.
James was admitted to practice law in Georgia in 2013 and Alabama in 2015.
James is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the Alabama State Bar, the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association of Justice, the American Bar Association, and the Sandy Springs Bar Association.
James has been involved in numerous complex lawsuits resulting in verdicts or settlements higher than seven figures.
In his spare time, James enjoys recreational activities such as mountain biking, running, softball and coaching little league baseball.
- Georgia, 2013
- Alabama, 2015
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Alabama Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Alabama
- United States District Court – Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court – Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court – Northern District of Alabama
- John Marshall Law School, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. – 2013
- University of Georgia – Terry College of Business, Athens, Georgia
- B.B.A. – 2009
- Major: Management Information Systems
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2013 – Present
- Verdict Magazine – Editorial Board, 2015 – Present
- GTLA “LEAD” Class Alumnus, 2017
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2013 – Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2013 – Present
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, 2013 – Present
- Alabama State Bar, Member, 2015 – Present
- Sandy Springs Bar Association, Member, 2018 – Present
Call Now 404-239-0305
Over $1.2 Billion Recovered For Our Clients
- $1,250,000.00 Judgment Broward Co. Gates v. Goldstone (1985)
- $5,600,000.00 Judgment Associated Air v. Broward County Aviation (1990)
- $4,000,000.00 Jury Verdict Palm Beach County Estate of Sullivan v. Sullivan (1994)
- $785,000.00 Jury Verdict Dougherty Co Cleveland v. Albany Urology Clinic P.C. et al. (1996)
- $16,400,000.00 Jury Verdict Clark v. Security Life Insurance Co. (1997)
- $12,220,400.00 Jury Verdict Charleston Malone v. General Motors, (1998)
- $5,260,800.00 Jury Verdict Clay County Johns v. Cherokee Trucking Company (1999)
- $1,959,150.00 Jury Verdict Duvall County James Sealey v. Fire & Casualty Ins. Co. (2001)
- $880,209.00 Jury Verdict Lee v. Kennestone Hospital, (2001)
- $250,000.00 Jury Verdict Rucker v. Knight Trucking et al. (2006)
See Our Results